Old 11-13-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Also, when you guys get to a point where you just know you won’t drink no matter what? I highly recommend going out. It’s fun, more fun actually because there’s very little chance for humiliation.
I have found this true in most cases - BUT I never accept a drink. That's dancing with the devil and nothing - especially "politeness" to a casual acquaintance is worth it.

I'll also add to the "no thanks" being sufficient- plenty of people don't drink. Truth! So a decline is truly no big deal - and what others think of us (IF THEY DO!) is absolutely not something that should be on my mind....

Last note- I have found that I have new "reflexes" when it comes to alcohol. I just don't drink, if asked (Such as a charity dinner after I declined the first glass) if I would be having any a "no, thanks" comes right out, etc.... To me, THAT is when you truly know you can have fun in any social situation. And, I have found that there are so many things I can be proud of, and holding a glass of wine without drinking it is definitely not one of them.

As the BB says- once our problem has been removed, we can go anywhere without fear - and I'd add that also means, why put ourselves anywhere that might prompt this kind of thing or any other that is particular to our lives? It's not for me.