Old 11-13-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
At my husband’s gig. A woman I have a bit of a budding acquaintance with, I’m friends with her husband from work walked over to me, hugged me, and handed me the wine, I just said “oh thank you” and then because she could see me from across the room, just held onto it awkwardly.

Husband said, “you could just drink it,” and I ran that through my head for awhile. I didn’t really want the wine, and the ramifications of what it could mean to drink that wine went through my head, and then I REALLY didn’t want to drink it. After all: it could be just a glass of wine, or it could be the one glass of wine that night that becomes the one justification I tell myself for moderate drinking that lands me face down into a bender, a bender the likes of which this new friend of mine has possibly never seen from a peer, while not having a clue about the ramifications of that one glass of wine in my hands. The universe and her tests, I tell you. I had to actually chuckle a little.

I held it for a long time, gave it to my husband and he took a few sips, gave it back to me and I finally just left it on the bar.

Had a Diet Coke, hugged a bunch of friends, listened to a ton of live music, and drove my husband home.

Life is good.
Why did your husband suggest you drink the wine? Isn't he aware you can't drink period?

About the wine in hand: Two summers ago a fellow at a meeting shared basically the same story but without the happy ending.

He was at a party and handed a beer. Then without realizing it he took a few swigs. He immediately came to his senses and put the beer down.

The man doesn't consider what happened a slip (his call) and picked up a 3-year chip the following week,