View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Soulful

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Soulful.....you will learn that all using alcoholics blame others for their actions and for their drinking. It is really necessary for t hem to do that (fro m their point of reasoning)....otherwise, they would have to take the responsibility, themselves!! Sooo much easier to blame their partner...especially if the partner is willing to take that blame.....!
It is called "deflection".....
That's so interesting you say that, because the last couple of times, I actually took blame for it. The last time in particular, he came up with the amazing idea that if we go out and he wants to lose control like that, I will drive us home. I reminded him that last time I actually asked him for the keys, he screamed at me and called me names in front of our friends, that he is fine and that he is able to drive. He laughed.

I also told him:
"It's my fault you are stressed out, because I quit drinking coffee and my headaches made me very unpleasant to be around
It's my fault I am always angry at you because I have severe PMS symptoms"

Keep in mind, I never have any issues with anyone else around me but him and his reasoning for that is: well, they never spend 24 hours around you to really get to see who you are. The problem with his flawed reasoning is that he also doesn't spend 24 hours around me, because he is either never home, or I am in business trips.

Wow. I actually took the blame, you made me realize this now.