View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Soulful

Originally Posted by OpheliaKatz View Post
This is gaslighting. I experienced this sort of manipulative behavior in my relationship with an addict. It will make you feel like you are going crazy. Often with addiction that is quite progressed, the addict starts being manipulative as part of their lying. They lie to themselves about how serious their problem is, they lie to you, and when they feel their fabricated "reality" is threatened, they try to manipulate reality in order to keep the lie going. Anyway, this is what my AH was like. Your gut feelings are always correct. It's not you that is crazy. It's the addict that's got things all mixed up.
Yeah, which is the reason why I started taking pictures and photos, because I really started believing him when he said I am making up stories to start fights. He often says that I get angry at him for everything (which I do, my soul is screaming inside) and that I am making things bigger than they are. My personal "favourite" and the one that really hurts me is: "why aren't you a cool wife like others and be understanding? None of the wives are as controlling as you are. Maybe if you were less angry at me and created a peaceful home, I wouldn't have to do all this."