View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
SoulShine8
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

I was a chronic relapser and pray to God that I won't be again. I think the mess that I am in now would not have happened if I would have kept posting again and again when I relapsed and decided on another day one. But I was afraid to come back and more afraid/ashamed/too depressed to post after I kept falling down. It was hell all of the time when not drinking and then in the end it was hell when I was drinking.... but I was giving up and not posting at all. I didn't want to put it out there that I failed...again. I wish I could do it over again. I would post every time. And I would begin again every time here on the boards where at least others understood that I did mean it each and every time that I said I wasn't going to drink.
I love this place but I'm not going to say I love every single post. Some speak deeply to me and some not at all. I am all about that saying of take what you need or can use and let the rest go by. Ditto on the scroll on by sentiment expressed previously. And also on the comment about if you can help or give from experience, maybe that's your part to do for someone else - I know people have certainly done that for me. Best wishes to everyone on their sobriety or attempts at it.