View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

wildflower it is so hard to predict - like chloe said it can be different each time. Having said that 7 hours really is great and each hour down is a victory in itself. I do know it's hard not to get panicky and very anxious about how bad it may get or how long it may last. That panic and anxiety may itself make you feel worse. Try your best to stay calm (tough I know) and hydrated and regulate your temperature if possible.
I don't think this counts as medical advice but I found a website which had a timeline of withdrawal symptoms by day of mild, moderate and severe symptoms. For me it was very helpful (and I did feel absolutely awful for 6 days - longest 6 days of my life) but of course that was me I'm a bit of a numbers geek.
The best thing to cling onto is that this is the last time you ever have to feel like this. It's true. Plus all of this discomfort is your body ridding itself of a toxin. That is a very good and necessary thing.
You can of course post here as often as you like. I was almost constantly on SR for a few days. There is much comfort to be had from being around people who understand what you are going through.
And of course I echo others here. If your symptoms go downhill fast please get to a doctor. I really really don't want you to panic unnecessarily but please take care of yourself. Do you have anyone in your life who could sit with you for a while? Just to have another person in the same house can be helpful (in terms of relaxing) even if they just think you're "unwell"
I'll be around here off and on for the next 5 hours or so. If you want to keep popping by I'll do the same. Plus I'm happy for you to PM too.