Old 11-08-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by beingsoberissad View Post
Honestly I don't want to quit completely, especially not literally for the rest of my life (25 years old, Thomas mentioned age), but you guys seemed to have answered my big question as well as you can so it looks like I am ****** and have to try at least :/
I felt that way too at one point - that somehow me not being able to drink was a punishment. I could not fathom how I could possibly live or enjoy my life without alcohol as i literally drank every waking moment of the day other than the few hours I was at work or asleep.

I reached the stage you are at too where i was physically dependent on alcohol and withdrawal landed me in the ER. I can tell you definitively that it is NOT possible to go back to "moderate drinking" in almost every single case i've seen. And kindling is definitely real. If you thought your last WD's were bad, they might be tame in reference to the possibilities next time. And while it's rare, remember that people do die from alcohol withdrawals. We hear about it here more often than you'd think.