Old 11-08-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
August252015

Strongly (even stringently) agree with the comments above, especially Dee's.

Temporary use of meds can help, IME- as in only a few days. When I was in the ER once I went through this for a couple days. When I finally quit- cold turkey-I experienced serious withdrawals and then PAWS - from leg cramping and seizures, to throwing up to horrible sweats and chills to.....but it was WELL worth it to get to the other side. I figured a little bit of suffering (relatively speaking, to the enormous suffering, accidents, and physical damage I did to myself for years) was just fine if it meant I could finally start getting sober and living in recovery.

ONLY YOU can decide to quit. I believe that 99% of us will tell you that our lives are immeasurably better sober - I know mine is. I would have NONE of the blessings and opportunities, nor the peace and happiness, I have now if I had not stopped drinking. Period.

I hope you stop- drs are there to help, too. From the start and ongoing- IME and as I have heard so many others say in just my 20 months sober, we have a whole lot of healing to do, in every way, when we get sober. Nothing boring about what it gets us to, though, for me.