Old 11-05-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
gypsytears
not a greeter

Dee is a source of infinite wisdom for sure. He was here when I joined way back when and has since become a mentor for everyone. Welcome back Oregongirl.

Goodnight Susie. When you wake up you'll have twice as many days. That's a good return.

Hi Chickchick. My bf and I have had serious conversations as well. I don't make a change, things are going to change for the worse. Worse than they aready are. I am in recovery %100 but it's for me. Not him. He's just an added bonus.

Cleaned my rabbitry, chicken coop, laundry, kitchen, have meatloaf ready to go, changed the sheets, watching football, listened to some online meetings since my friend bailed on me tonight. Actually he's come clean about drinking a few beers a day to ward off withdrawals. I'm glad he told me, tried to get him out with me but he won't. He's in the cycle of wanting to stop but not stopping. I understand tapering. That's what I had to do because checking in to the hospital for detox wasn't an option. The day I stopped I was in serious withdrawal but decided that was the day to be sick and shake and throwing up and just be done with it. I can't imagine 2 beers a day for the past week is really going to cause severe withdrawal but I suspect he is probably drinking more than he let on. Anyway, enough about him. Ive been staying busy all day which helps me. Cooking & the animals are great diversions. I need to break out my yoga mat and get into a regular practice again too. Hobbies are good. So is chilling on the couch reading Sober Recovery.