Thread: I hate alcohol
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Hats

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
I guess I should’ve been a little clearer. I meant then cooler at the store. I made the decision to drive to get it. My husband still drinks but not to the extent that I do. There was beer in the fridge all week and I never once felt tempted. I’m not sure what happened but I’m trying to figure it out so that I can learn from this mistake.

Allen Carr’s book makes so much sense to me and I’ve listened to it twice in audio. I’m thinking of going to the library to read it this time instead of listening to it. I’ve written down all the final steps and my plan was to read them everyday but I haven’t done so. I’m putting a reminder in my phone to help me remember.
Hi Jillian, glad your back here posting. And.. I too hate what alcohol has done to my life.
As for Allen Carr's approach, I really hope it works for you.
I tried it and it didn't work for me. Perhaps I didn't put in enough effort or just wasn't plain ready to fully accept my situation. Also tried Annie Grace's approach which is based off Allen Carr's book. I could understand the concept behind it but was unable to adapt any of it into my life.
Good luck and god bless