Thread: I hate alcohol
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hope1989

Originally Posted by SaturatedSeize View Post
You CAN control yourself. You can't think you've lost control. You stood up, made the conscious effort to walk to the fridge, and grab the first beer. Nobody forced you.

The cravings can be bad. I still have awful cravings on the weekends. I drink lots and lots of coffee on the weekends because I want to drink alcohol so bad.

You need to find a replacement. Some people, it's sweets or chocolate. Some people drink lots of water. Honestly, don't keep alcohol in your house, I wouldn't have that self control either.

You relapsed, it happens, and it's ok. Learn from it, possibly boredom was a factor? How can you remedy that next time.

Every relapse is a learning experience. Just pick yourself up and try again, you CAN do this.
This is quite harsh. If we could control ourselves we will probably not be here.

@jillian2563 it happens and what is done is done. Go out for a walk, have some fresh air. You will feel better. Remember it's a constant battle and thank life you have a new chance to get sober without major consequences.