Old 11-03-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
rmeatgt350

Originally Posted by MelSober View Post
Welcome Khaleesi!

Lulu we would be dangerous in the candy store together! I have had a craptastic day of junk eating and rationalizing it. One thing at a time though. I didn't know anyone but ME like Good n' Plenty's! Is it a wino trait? I have leftover Halloween candy that I locked up in a safe (for real, I'm not joking).

I am blue tonight and having some yearnings but not going to drink. I just feel sad, empty and disconnected and don't want to even talk to anyone. Ridiculous to see that written but it is how I feel. I guess my wine kept me from noticing my feelings and fears. Now I have to deal with them?! UGH!!!

I miss behaving inappropriately and blaming others for it. Heh. Kidding. Sort of. :smirk
Mel, I think that feeling of isolation is pretty common. I went through an intensely sad period and am still dealing with it, though it's improved. I recently heard someone say our addiction filled a void and coming out of it that void seems vast and unmanageable. Every day is easier. We're here if you need us.