Old 11-03-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Rubaduck

Hi all.

I made it through a big drinking event 100% dry, yay! Well, it's not so much a drinking event for everyone, but you can buy beers there and I would traditionally slam a few beers before I even showed up. I have to admit, this time wasn't as fun for me. Usually I would start a conversation with anyone else I saw with a beer in their hand, but this year I was just talking to my family (they had a good time). My only goal was to not drink. But I wasn't a wet blanket or anything.

I have a really good reputation at this community event as someone who participates a lot and contributes to the energy. I'm a drinker, not a drunk. I did have some nice conversations with people who know me well, but I could tell inside me I wasn't as enthusiastic as in previous years.

I've been doing really well with my family over the past two weeks. I would always play with kids, do cooking, do housework etc. But I've been putting in a big effort such as doing housework my wife would normally do, so that she can relax even more. Trying to spend even more time playing with my kids as well, even if dead tired after work etc.

Anyway, that's my story. Have a great weekend everyone.