Old 11-03-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
shortstop81
G-Woman

Hi all, first time posting in this thread. I'm aiming for this to be the last and final 'Class of' that I'm a member of.

I'm on day 46, going strong! I've been frustrated at myself for having to start over, and impatient to get that amount of sobriety time under my belt again. But as AA keeps reminding me, there's no point in obsessing over yesterday.

I have a sponsor and I'm working a strong program. I've turned the corner in how I feel physically and mentally, although I know it won't always be smooth sailing.

There are some great things that are starting to fall in place in my life. Now that I'm sober I have the energy and mental capacity to keep busy in order to work towards these goals & seize opportunities.

What I need to remind myself is to TAKE IT EASY. I have a tendency to take on too much and get overwhelmed. And when I get overwhelmed, my natural tendency is to self-destruct. Just sabotage everything.

So it's a balancing act at the moment, and I'm trying to keep my recovery work as the top priority. Because NOT doing that in the past has gotten me in trouble, and pretty quick.

Thanks for reading!