Thread: My First Post
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Becki67

Cantisaurus....let me tell you a story about a woman I know....She began a relationship with a man that she had known her entire life. She loved him, she raised his kids for him, and she did everything she could to make his life sweet. She knew he drank a lot but she didn't know anything about alcoholism. She stayed for 13 years. When she realized that he had a serious problem, she tried everything she knew. She cried, she yelled, she threatened, and she ignored him. She continued to do this for years. She talked to his friends, his family, his children......She repeated all of these steps...over and over and over. Why wouldn't he stop....what could she do to make him stop.....

Then, she came on here...she posted over and over and over about him not stopping and lamented about all she's done to make him....and you know what? After 10 years of doing this, the mantra she heard finally sank in. There is NOTHING that she could do to make him stop. It was time to make a decision...could she live like this for the rest of her life or couldn't she? What's more important....her happiness or his? It's a hard question to answer and then act on. You will come to a point when you decide to do what's best for you. I did.