View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chevfb7

Originally Posted by sylvie83 View Post
Sorry to hear that

My ex was strange about money too.
Made some odd comments through the relationship.

Found out later on he was in big debt from coke as well as alcohol. God he hid stuff well.

I genuinely think at some level the need is so strong in our qualifiers that they have an eye on making sure they can get their fix at all times. That includes money...because without that what can they do!?

It's an expensive habit!! And it's progressive. They're usually having more than we know about and my god it eats away at their money. Not sure what his situation is work wise but he could be pretty stuffed...Definitely protect yourself financially.

From reading the comments of those trying to stop I've read all sorts about organising their day....plans...location...
situation....timing etc etc...
to make sure they could have what they needed.

Even things like adapting the time they start drinking and the amount they buy so that they have just enough to black out and then get up on time for work in the morning etc.

I'm not sure how much is conscious but...it happens.

I've also heard of lots of paranoia...insecurity...

Could be all sorts of things but I guess the main thing is he's drinking and not stopping and i'm so sorry because I know that gut wrenching feeling..

What's your plan? Any ideas? Do you have support in place?
I don't have a plan. Which is crazy because I'm a planner all the way. I have plenty of support and even a place to go. He recently got weird about money. We live a comfortable life, and I feel like it's his way of controlling me since he thinks I'm trying to control his drinking. He hasn't ever been controlling about money until I gave him rules. Nnot sure why I won't leave. I'm unhappy, exhausted, and fed up.