Thread: Tough Emotions
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
shortstop81
G-Woman

Hey guys, again thanks for the support. I've been feeling a bit better the past two days - I'm going to have to accept that I'm going to have bad days in early recovery. I've been keeping busy, and trying to do the next 'right thing' every step of the way. That somewhat keeps my mind off the void.

I've been trying to keep my mind busy by being in contact with loved ones, and trying to be there for them. I lament that I'm somehow never going to find 'true' friendships, but that's a lie. I already have them. I'm just awful at putting the work into them. I've been like that for years - I have a fear of reaching out to people, likely out of fear of rejection.

I had a great evening out last night with someone close to me - I took her out for dinner and played some pool. She needed a breather because work has been demanding on her this time of year. She was appreciative, and I'm glad I could do something nice for her.

And today is Hallowe'en! I'll be seeing lots of family later this evening, showing off my son and trick or treating with his cousin. I think today will be a good day.