Thread: Tough Emotions
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
shortstop81
G-Woman

Thank you all for the thoughtful replies.

tomsteve - PATIENCE is hard, eh? That's a huge problem of mine - I want to feel better NOW, and when I'm feeling at my most desperate it's hard to believe that things are going to get better.

I'm definitely taking a huge time-out on making any large decisions in my life. I don't quite trust my thoughts and emotions yet. When I get in these obsessive thinking patterns, I have this strong desire to make decisions that I think will somehow 'finalise' the thought and end the maddening loop. But making decisions for its own sake can lead to even bigger problems and regrets down the road.

zenchaser - I do believe in an AV, and definitely feel there are elements of it affecting my thoughts. I can see how an endless barrage of negative thinking/feelings have driven me to drink in the past, just to shut it all down for a little while. I guess that's why I've been questioning how much of this is ME, vs something far more unhealthy yet temporary.

I feel a bit better today. I'm at work at least, and will keep busy. AA meeting later tonight.