Old 10-29-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Haven333

[QUOTE=tomsteve;6653658] I wouldn't have asked her to marry me if I didn't have a genuine feeling I knew who she was

In your initial post, you emphasized two things - her physical beauty and your plan to take care of her financially (and thus the immasculating sting of her running off with a man who is wealthier than you are). It's clear you didn't know who she really is, which is okay - as people on this board show, that's common.

That said, I'd ponder to what degree your love for her was built around your self image. I think you wanted to be a successful man with a beautiful wife, and now that the beautiful wife part of that is gone, it's giving you an identity crisis for yourself.

Also, I think your wanting to take care of her was a key part of your relationship, so stepping back and letting her go is extra hard.

I'm glad you didn't send the puppy photo, as I think doing so would've been cruel to her. She needs to focus on herself, her recovery, and putting a life together. She doesn't need the ex she dumped sending her manipulative texts that rub in what she's lost.