Old 10-29-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ready45

Good morning all and happy Sunday! Sunday's are typically a really big drinking day for me (usually a coffee and then straight to screwdrivers or beer)- so here's to my second sober Sunday. I will be thankful for starting the week out without the usual hangover.

Meraviglioso - I really enjoy your posts and perspective on life.

Kit2017 - I can relate to much of what you are feeling. I too am having a very hard time with my mom - she means well but we've always had a contentious relationship and this "stuff" that I’m going through seems to give her ammunition to make me feel even more s**ty. I know it's completely on me as to how I react to her - but old habits. At least I am really trying to be more self-aware when it comes to her. And don't get me wrong - i am really thankful to still have my parents support. I also have a dog - my saving grace now and always. I even feel like he's disappointed in me - I know he senses my depression and anxiety and has been giving me lots of kisses. Don't know what I'd do without him. Yeah - sleep is a real struggle right now. I try to take it when I can get it. But mine is also hour by hour.

Rubaduck - great advice! I am buying some teas today. This first week I've really struggled with getting anything down - food or drink. I've always drank a lot of water - but yes it gets boring. And i definitely need to stop the Coke.

Soulshine8 - I'm so sorry for the struggles you are having - as you know, I'm in a similar boat and the anxiety about the future is brutal. I agree with Badgerden "stressing about the future only messes up what happiness is around you today". Great advise for all of us - but I know my AV doesn't stay in the present - always in the past or future. I'm working on that.

I'm really grateful for this page and have read a lot of comforting posts on here. It's somewhat comforting to know that so many feel the same struggles I am going through.