Old 10-29-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Rubaduck

Hi all

Whendovescry - That was my first achievement too. A week where I didn't drink every day. Next time I joined SR and had a serious go on the wagon. I think I got to somewhere near two weeks before I decided to drink at an upcoming event. Drank for a few weeks straight, then again a week off. Then decided to drink while doing a fun activity. Drank for a few weeks, and now here I am knowing where one day of drinking takes me. One week sober so far, and this time not fussed about not drinking in the future.

waxfruit - It seems like you're not having an easy time. But you're posting and thinking things through. Well done on your progress so far. I think posting here forces us to get our thoughts organised, instead of just spinning in our heads.

Badgerden - Thanks for being a prolific poster. Gives me something to read, and I enjoy your posts.

Kit - Same as Badgerden. Fingers crossed Monday goes well for you.

Soulshine - Perhaps you're having the hardest time out of anyone here. I do not envy your situation at all. But I know from my own life that worrying about things that I have to wait for isn't helpful. It's very difficult to stop dreading future events. Going for a walk or talking to people about something else seems to offer me a distraction.

Bobdrop - Keep trying with your own struggle. Stay dry, day by day. Perhaps with your wife situation, not talking about drinking for a while might help? Offer her a foot massage? I've never met a woman who didn't feel better after a foot massage. Perhaps you can improve your relationship in other ways, and might in turn ease the burden you are feeling.

Everyone else - I read your posts and thank you. My advice is - replace alcohol with water and two other drinks. You might need to try new things until you find something you like. I've found a tea drink and a sports drink have kept my urge for a nice drink (only water gets boring) satisfied. I literally always have a drink next to me. It used to be beer with occasional water. But I'm doing well with my new system.

Good luck.