Old 10-28-2017, 11:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Originally Posted by SoulShine8 View Post
Good evening all. Looks like some had a good day and some of us struggled. I am in the latter. I was doing halfway alright until I got the mail. The mailman didn't knock (certified letter) so I need to go to the post office to get what I am sure will be the court date letter. Also got a bill from the hospital for the five minutes the doc spent checking my blood pressure and heart (accident during dui) that night. That shouldn't have surprised me but I hadn't even thought of them billing me. I worry about other bills I haven't thought of. Ever since, I have felt like I am in a low-grade panic attack. There are so many steps before I even get to the year of the ignition interlock stage. So glad to have my cats around today.
Hi all, I was just popping in to offer my support and love to all of you. I too am just starting back out after a relapse. It was really heart-breaking for me to have drank again but I am feeling better than ever at just over 5 weeks. You can do it, we can do it. It is so worth it.

Soulshine, I can totally relate to this post. Here in Italy the bureaucracy is out-of-this-world unbelievable. Really to do anything at all- pay a bill, get the mail, update my visa, fix my internet, etc- it takes hours and hours and money and more hours and more money. I used to get really upset by all this. I have now accepted that this is the way it is here, no amount of complaining or sulking or acting like a brat (yeah, tired that too) will change things or make it go faster. I just have to deal. I don't know how to explain it to you really, but I just kind of mentally prepare myself before I go out to run these errands, I get into a zen like state where I separate myself from the activities and just go through the motions. It helps. Another piece of advice would be to not open your bills or mail while out at the post office. Just pick up the envelopes and put them in your bag, then keep going on about with your other tasks. You can open the letters when you get home and then address things there. Best of luck to you, I understand these frustrations well.