View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Willy1961

first post..withdrawal

Hi folks, first post and I`m sure many of the firsts that people post is because we/they are worried or struggling with withdrawal.

nightly drinker for many years.......if its in the house I`m drinking it.
Night time only, never morning or afternoon drinking.

I have indeed quit drinking a few times over the years and now have truly had enough, I`m tired of my drinking being the cause of my brutal anxiety on a daily basis.

the drinking I have been doing has been rye, rum, vodka and beer.
Not at the same time but that's the booze I have been drinking.

The amounts were typically 200ml or 5 beer..........whichever I was drinking that night.
Having said that in the mast month or two I have been drinking only beer and usually 5 per night and never more than six.....

Today is Wednesday and this past Thursday through Saturday I whittled down to two beers a night and Sunday night was the last two beers I drank.
With the cut in the consumption Friday, Saturday and Sunday sucked beyond belief, going from 6 to two beers those three nights were murder during the day.
Shaky hands, moody, foggy head etc..........like mentioned today is Wednesday and day three of no beer I don`t feel all that bad other than emotional and a little on edge but miles clearer than those three days I cut way back/

Have I dodged a bullet with my withdrawal or is the worst yet to come?

any ideas?.......thanks folks...........