Old 10-24-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
kodi

Hi Joel

Just want to say keep up the progress.

Its still very early but you are doing well to pick up the advice.

Although my own breakup was very hard on me - if forced me to have the space I really needed. The space to grow me. The space to heal me. The space to listen to myself because i ignored it all the time. I lived only for my addict never for myself and giving a choice would've happily done so to my last breath. I didn't know any better to be fair to myself. The situation was the best I had at the time.

I have grown tremendously emotionally and with life. I now live an independent life and I worked on my own issues that I kept hidden far far away because my addict was my bandaid to my feelings and failures. I believed in the dream that wasn't really there. I was in a fog of denial. And nobody on this earth could've convinced otherwise to leave the addict. Nobody, not even my own misery. I was loyal and stubborn to a fault. It took a breakup and heartache.

So perhaps after time has passed you will feel similar. That she gave you a gift of space. Perhaps there was too much emotions involved, too much focus on the addict and also denial. Like it was with me.