Old 10-24-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
red3215

"but who really ever likes their job" Actually a lot of people like their jobs, and I've had a few I liked. I've noticed many people think they have to put up with a job they hate, because that's just how it goes.

A job can make you depressed, because we do spend a lot of our time there, after all. My job is definitely contributing to my depression so l'm hunting for another one. Here's a link to a woman's channel I just found and really like, Linda Raynier. She's a really inspirational person who thinks people should pursue careers they enjoy, and not settle for less. Also she gives some great advice as far as interviewing, how to be more confident, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXU...able_polymer=1

It sounds like you could be depressed, and that's why you aren't finding things to do that you're interested in. One of the symptoms of depression is losing interest in things you normally enjoy, which can lead to boredom, and loneliness if it's making you want to socialize less. It may not be your job causing any or all of your unhappiness but it could be contributing.

Just some thoughts. Congratulations on being sober. Hang in there.