View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
honeypig

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
I was the last to marry and I remember the pain of being alone.
hh, you, in and of yourself, are enough. You do not need a husband or boyfriend to validate you as a person. You do not need to be half of a couple to be a whole person.

I swear this is true. I have been part of one twosome or another since I was in high school. These past 2 years, since divorcing XAH, are the first 2 years in my whole freaking life, and I am 57, that I have spent as my own person, my own self, ME.

I feared being alone too. I was terrified, actually. I was fairly sure I didn't exist w/o some man or other at my side. Guess what--I was oh so wrong! I DO exist, all by myself, all on my own.

And so do you. It will take you time to learn this, but being alone does not automatically mean pain or loneliness or being "less than." It can mean freedom and learning and self-reliance, peace and joy and a completely new way of seeing things. I'm not saying I've got it all handled, b/c I DON'T, but man, I am in a place I never believed I could be...or no, not even that, but a place I never imagined even existed!