View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

Divorce is not common in my family, nor my AXH's family. As a matter of fact we each only have one uncle who divorced their wives. I would say it's probably a point of pride on both sides.

That isn't to say people are in healthy marriages. Just long ones. Enmeshed and sick to the core.

Both my parents and my father's parents were married for 50years. Both wrought with alcoholism and codependence. None of these people ever seemed truly happy to me. That's a desperately sad fact.

My ex-in-laws are so screwed up it isn't even worth explaining their pathological marriage of 46 years.

Part of my decision to put up with stuff for as long as I did was because I figured that's what I was supposed to do. That's what women in my family DID.

Part of my decision to LEAVE my AXH was that in 25years from that point, I did not want to be in a marriage like that of my parents.. and that is exactly where we were headed...Him drinking his life away and me being miserable by his side because at age 20 I stood before friends and family and said, "till death do us part"...

Being lonely does suck....but what was worse for me was feeling so very lost and alone when my (X)AH was right there in the room with me.

BIG HUGS for you hearthealth.