View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
Hi Sohard, I hope you managed to get some sleep. Normal is a strange word. You are normal for you. I was normal for me. My alcoholic life was the only normal thing. But when I got sober I discovered over time that my idea of normal was not exactly main stream.

I can relate to how tough it is going through this on your own. I tried it thousands of times and 99 percent of the time never made it past the first few hours.

My last drink was a four day bender which finished some time on a Saturday. It was another failed experiment at controlled drinking. On Sunday morning a concerned friend form aa called to see if I was ok. I wasn’t really used to people being concerned about my welfare. Anyway, that night I met him at an aa meeting and resolved to do whatever was required to overcome alcohol. I never drank again.

Within a short time the obsession with alcohol was gone, and my character seemed to change so that I began behaving in a way that might very roughly be regarded as normal, and got better from there.

All the best.
How long was the "short time" until your obsession was gone??