Old 10-16-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by GoodguyJoel View Post
1. This is addiction right? This isn't just situational drinking? Her friends indicate that this was going on before me, and it just went away for a bit when things were better thanks to me.
2. From my description, and what I know, she is still drinking. I assume this means she hasn't hit rock bottom?
3. This rehab romance; how likely is it to fail?
4. Should I expect her to eventually reach out to me? Even in her potential alcoholic haze, do you think she will think of me?
5. So this does sound like much deeper issues than just alcoholism to you all?
6. How far does it sound like I took the White Knight behavior? I can rule plenty of it out, but it does seem like I have elements of it. Also, I was not the only one to try to intervene and prop her up when she was down (aka drinking)...family friends etc also did.
7. Any other similar experiences as mine (thanks dandelion, I did appreciate your story and took it to heart very deeply, do not feel neglected, but it can't be just you and me i'm ......
1-untreated addiction alcoholism.
2-rock bottom is death.
3-i havent heard or read of any that were successful, meaning looooong term.
4-have no expectations. untreated alcoholism/addiction cant always be predictable.best to block her number
5-yes
6-i thin you can answer that for yourself. but possible the thought,"they all cant do what i can. i am much better at rescueing."
7-many.

just my opinions there.