Old 10-12-2017, 01:34 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Neo28

Day 34.

Went out to eat with my Dad, the restaurant portion was closed so we sat in the bar section. Think this was my first time being around that kind of area since I quit. No temptation today. Replaced my usual drink with a club soda which I've been growing fond of.

Anger still lingering and trying to work this out with my counselor. Feel like it's progress recognizing everything, so that's something. Noticed a thought that I think kind of wraps up how I've been overall this week minus the anger. While not heavily depressed, it's been this feeling that I'm that guy at the end of the movie who lost everything he wanted as opposed to the guy who lost everything at the beginning. My Ex and past job still haunt me like that was it for me, I'm giving them both too much credit. Been a struggle looking like there's something better in the future.

Also been lonely and kinda want to date, but I know that's not a good idea right now. Need to be in a better place with sober me and content with my past relationship which I'm still not over. Definitely don't want more problems, just sucks feeling stuck waiting. But yeah, one day at a time. Get to wake up feeling healthy.

Thank you all for sharing. I have not posted within a day or two but it has always helped reading your posts. Hope everyone has an amazing day!