Old 10-11-2017, 03:03 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Kachal

Squiz, I have felt so flat the last couple of days that I had the same thought RE drinking again, quitting again, feeling that elation. I was also reading bits of the October thread, and damn if everyone who is about 10days in doesn’t seem so ecstatic. I think though, that when I was there and felt that too, it was party disbelief I had even made it that far.

Badgerden, it was my BF’s concern that finally got me to see what I was doing to myself. I was hiding from everyone a little too well. He bailed me up, said he was worried about me, said he knew I was hiding empty vodka bottles in the house, and we had a proper honest talk about it. He looked terrified. I felt ashamed. The next day I found this place. I’d love it if you stayed with us.

Happy to report that the dark mood of the last few days seems to have cleared. I have a 3 hour shift today, so it’s basically a day off. I’ve been working a lot lately.

Some excellent news: we bought a tiny bit of land up the coast. It’s an awkward site, very steep with just enough room for a little shack on stilts. But it was very inexpensive and has amazing views of the ocean. The bank just told us yesterday we were approved.

Next up: re-learn to drive so I can actually get there.