Old 10-11-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
hns0685

Hey everyone, checking in on day 40. Still on vacation in Vegas. No temptations of drinking at all yesterday. In fact I noticed that most everyone walking around with a drink in their hand looks like a zombie.. stone faced, like they don't appear to be even having a good time. Meanwhile my girls and I have been cracking jokes, laughing, and just being silly together! It's funny how our brain tells us that we need alcohol to let loose and have a good time, when in reality that is not what I am seeing down here at all. In fact last night on our way back from dinner we walked by a couple who were fighting, both had drinks in their hands, girl was crying.. it brought back so many memories of drunken arguments. So grateful to be sober today.

Squiz- it's funny that you mention the high of quitting again. My whole life I've had this thing where I will tear myself down (self-sabbotage) only because building myself up again feels so good. For example, losing weight and getting in excellent shape only to start eating like crap, gain the weight back just to restart... it's really sick actually. But I completely get it. The thing with drinking is that I don't think I have enough inner strength to get sober one more time. I really feel like if I drink again I'm done this time.

I feel like our group has gotten pretty small.. how's everyone doing?