Thread: On My Way # 6
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
It is a nice situation. As with every place my town is not without its internal problems, but we're very happy here and will be in the house for at least another 5-6 years.

Not having a car here would be totally impractical, but I do enjoy the fact that I can walk to take care of most errands. If I was only shopping for one I could also do my market shopping without a car, but with four in the house I let one of my internal combustion engines do the heavy lifting to my driveway.

Staying on the car theme, when graduated college I only considered employment in Manhattan, which I secured, and I also spent a lot of social time there, but I never wanted to live there because it would have meant giving up my car. As much as I loved spending time in the city I equally enjoyed going away on weekends or vacations to the woods and not having a car would have denied me the opportunity to do so. My compromise is that I lived very close to the city so I could keep my car and still have easy access to Manhattan to work and play.
Good compromise, GC.