Thread: On My Way # 6
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
Yes it is. When we moved here both my wife and I worked in Manhattan and wanted to be within walking distance of either a bus or train so that we didn't have to buy another car. As it turned out we have easy access to both modes. My little commercial area starts about 2/3rds of a mile from my house and extends another half mile or so. Easily walkable and at the top of my little block starting only a few hundred yards away is a 350 acre wooded reservation that has nice hiking trails and wildlife with an Audubon Society bird watch center at the top . Bird watching isn't necessarily my thing, in part because I don't have the knowledge to know what I'm looking at, but the enthusiasm and friendliness of the folks who frequent the spot are off the charts and make visits there very enjoyable. An additional bonus of my situation is that I'm on a low traffic block; for the most part unless you live on it there's no reason to drive on it. The only downside, which has always been the case with this town, is that our real estate taxes a stupidly high.

Today

After almost a week my daughter's boyfriend left a short while ago. She's not happy, but I'm sure will somehow survive.
Very nice living situation!

I would love to have no need for a car