Thread: Tapering advice
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

I tapered. My appraoch was to cut down 1 beer each night till i was down to nothing. at about 5 i just quit cause if i couldnt get **** drunk i felt what was the point. This worked for me.

Now i tried doing things like your suggesting. like i wont drink till i absolutly cant take it rarara yeah i always and a reason why i coudlnt take it so i just drank.

what ever works I guess. But dont do it casue you have a meeting and cant drink or something. do it cause you should quit drinking.

its incredible how irrational we can be. Your vegan you excercise and you smoke and drink? are you insane? I say this with all due respect. Because I am vegan a former smoker and a long distance runner and a recovering alcoholic. I can tell you there your thinking is nuts and i can say this because I can understand. There is a sick twisted part of me that would happily smoke a turd if it had nicotine and drink **** if it had booze in it and throw away all my health and fitness gains in an instant!. This part of me is an addict and a self destructed part of me that wants to do nothing but see me crash and burn.

Sobering up has helped me get a handle on this sick and twisted part of me and get me get a grip on it etc..

I once asked someone who knows my story some what they would think if tommorrow i went out got a pack of smokes and case of beer and bucket of fried chicken. And they replied I'd think your absolutly insane. To loose all that weight fix your health quit yoru vices and then go do something like that.

there right too. It is what it is.

I think you can do it. I guess do what you gotta do to get through these meetings. But I dont haste on getting sober and staying that way. its ultimatly more important then those meetings if i had to guess.