View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mountainmanbob

Originally Posted by Carpathia View Post
You touched on an area of high anxiety.

Yesterday I came face to face with this dysfunctional mindset: As an appointment time rolls around, I think I have time to do whatever I'm doing before leaving. I also think the actions I need to take before leaving for an appointment will take less time then they actually do. For instance, if the action I need to take prior to an appointment is dressing, I think it only takes me two minutes when in fact it takes me ten minutes. Or blow-drying my hair, great example! Yesterday I was 15 minutes late meeting my sister for brunch. Why? I wanted to blow-dry my hair before meeting her. I thought it would only take me a couple minutes. Apparently it takes me 15 minutes.

I have a limited concept of how long it takes me to get ready, or how long it may take to get somewhere given the variables of traffic, weather and acts of God. Sometimes I go off on little 'la-la-la' tasks and lose track of time that way, then I'm discombobulated and rushing around to get out the door. This is one of the last great frontiers of my personal development, getting honest about time management.
Exactly exactly if I may say that again this morning I will be leaving in a little over an hour and here I sit thinking I have plenty of time I better get what I need done quickly or once again I will think I'm running late and possibly be running late.
M-Bob