View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 01:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
gnarlyboots

I'm an introvert by nature, happiest with a partner, couple of close mates, limited family + dogs. HEnce why I've found AA /NA meetings such a struggle.

I however have found in past times of sobriety , where I was forced by court to attend meetings that in time my introversion 'scaled down'. I think bc of the continual forced interaction, bc eventually, after 4-5months my introversion reached a point where I was quite regular with social interaction and hanging with aquaintances etc and I feel like it was really good for me to push my boundaries in such a way.

In retrospect I think that for me it is a case of of learning not to be so invested in other peoples energy (mind reading, fixing etc) and learning to stay in my own power, rather than letting my energetic focus go to others. I was also meditating regularly every day at that point , which I feel helped me more effectively detach from my own inner dialogue,.
Eventually I stopped mediating regularly (drinking instead) and ceased meetings & I slowly moved back to hermit mode. Story of my life!

Anyway, big hello to all fellow introverts out there! I'm off to cook dinner for myself and read a book, alone :-)