Thread: I made 90 days
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FoleyUK

I made 90 days

So yesterday was my 90th day without touching alcohol and to be honest, I don't really know what to say about it. I've debated whether to make a thread about it, but I thought I should as I need to acknowledge that I have done something good for myself.

Stopping drinking has been a really good thing for me. My work is good, I'm in the best physical shape I have ever been and I've more energy than ever. However, not numbing myself with alcohol has made me realise why I was doing it. I didn't realise how depressed I was, how crippling my anxiety was and just other varying levels of self loathing. I definitely drank to hide away from my feelings and now that I can feel them everyday it is a battle to improve and get over them. Being owned by insecurity is a horrible thing but getting over that is a very enlightening experience. I'm both happy that I am where I am and very sad that I was what I was. But I guess I needed to go through that to be at this point today etc, etc. Everything feels very philosophical now, lol.

I just want to thank everybody here. Just reading your posts or getting a nice comment or advice from someone has been a big help. If I hadn't have joined here I honestly don't know if I would have come this far.

Thank you.