View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
applewakesup

Hi June friends,

I just got back from a camping weekend with my family. My dad and his wife, my brother, his wife and kid, me, my boyfriend and his kid. Everyone was drinking except the kids and me. My brother's wife not so much, but the others drank really heavily last night, mostly whiskey. I don't feel triggered by it, but after a little while it gets really boring. The conversation is always dominated by someone who cant shut up and also can't seem to remember that she already said this important point several times. Oy.

In the end, I was glad that we left a day early due to rain. I love camping, but this one was a little less fun for me. I'd like to go out again in a couple weeks alone or just with my boyfriend, if he's willing to have a sober weekend. I know how boring that sounds to people who drink. Wish they could see how meaningful it can be to spend an evening in nature without alcohol.

Maybe this sounds really judgey. I don't think I'm judging them just not really enjoying being in that scene anymore. Does that make sense? Or am I being judgemental?