Old 10-07-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
BixBees505

Preachiness warning...!!

Hi friends...just finished coffee and a walk around my house. The warm sun, cool breeze carrying the first scents of fall. My heart and soul are at peace. I am so very fortunate to have survived my addiction.

I lost a lot, but certainly did not lose all...which could have happened any one of the many times I got behind the wheel, or drank to oblivion out of town among strangers. I am so grateful and so lucky. I don't think anyone or anything supernatural is “looking out for me”, or “ it wasn't my time”, or things happen/don't happen “for a reason”. No. It is pure capricious luck that I did not lose everything before I stopped drinking.

Asking for help, saying we need help, wishing someone would/could help...these are not the same as GETTING and TAKING help. I hope I have the courage to GET and TAKE help when I need it. We will all need help again, even if we never drink again...ill health, a financial blow, a major loss...something will come along. If I don't seek out and then take the help I need—well then I know my old buddy alcohol will be waiting to pull me right to the bottom of the lake.

Sorry if this was a downer post on a beautiful Sober Saturday. I know there are people struggling and suffering. Help is out there, and help can HELP. We have to take it, grab help with both hands, leaving no hands free to pick up a drink.