Old 10-05-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
atalose

I did go no contact. I didn't block him because he isn't bothering me now and my block feature only block calls, but not texts. I know. It sucks, because I'd rather block texts than calls, because he is more of a texter.
Any contact he makes with you is emotional abuse and the more you hold on wishing things will magically change for him and then eventually change for the both of you together as a couple, the more hurt you will become.

I appreciate your insight, do you think in time he'll go to rehab?
Who knows, it sounds to me like he needs a dual diagnosis facility that can properly diagnosis both the alcohol addiction as well as any mental health issues he may have, bi-polar, depression, etc. Most people do not go to rehab especially the young ones by their own choice. Most end up there by court order or because they were told to go to rehab instead of jail, those are usually repeaters at rehabs; they end up going back, some several times in their life time. Rehab is not a fix and outpatient is not a valued solution especially for someone who is not doing it for the proper reasons.

Addiction/alcoholism is life long, if he were able to successfully detox in rehab and learn some new coping skills and have a strong continued action plan in place, it is still just the very first tiny step on a lifelong road of remaining sober.

We are both being stubborn, but I am being stubborn in a good way.
I would rather use the word “healthy” he is not healthy and by you getting away from him that is a healthy choice for yourself.

It's really sad because he has so much potential
You can’t date someone’s potential you have to date their reality.