View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grocerease

My AV is ruthless

I've had a wonderful day so far. I got up and went for a run, hung out in a hammock with my girlfriend, and did some healthy grocery shopping. My girlfriend left for her work and soon there after I get an email from my work. My work is doing some renovations and has been closed for a couple of days. The email I received states that they will be closed until Monday next week. Immediately my AV starts thinking about the fact that I could get completely hammered tonight and have a couple of days to recover. The truth is that if I drank tonight, I would drink tomorrow and the next day and instead of getting rest and enjoying these forced days off work, I would end up spending tons of money, and go back to work feeling like crap. I decided to come to SR and read and write to get this AV out of my head. I think I may go for a bike ride and get some exercise. It's amazing how our brains still perceive alcohol as a fun and rewarding activity, instead of the poison it is. Stay strong out there everyone. I'll check in later. Have a great night!