Old 10-04-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
BrunetteBabe05

Originally Posted by grayghost1965 View Post
This one's a no-brainer - he's textbook alcoholic/manipulator and to drag your mother into this is BS of the highest order. Al-Anon would be a great resource for help sorting through feelings, as is this site. Good thoughts !
I am thinking about going to Al-Anon because I need to learn more about the disease. I know somewhat about it because both of my aunts were alcoholics and drug addicts. One died, and the other one got sober but recently relapsed so we all have been creating a distance with her. I am 24 years old and got a lot of learning to do. Alcohol has ruined my life and I am not even the one doing it. His mental abuse and everything is out of control when he drinks. He never gets physical but he insulted me to the core and made me want to commit suicide. He felt so bad sober and tried to make it up to me, but he relapsed and it's sad because he was perfect sober. He just doesn't think there's any hope for him and there is. Thank you for the support and I am horrified this is a classic alcoholic behavior. Thanks again.