Old 10-04-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BrunetteBabe05

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
No you shouldn’t – this is where you block him from continuing to mentally abuse you.

Go no contact and be done with his drama.

And he is showing you with his actions that he is not ready to stop drinking or go to rehab no matter what his words say, you need to go by his actions.

Love NEVER is going to get an addict clean or sober. There is nothing you can do or say to get him to really want to seek help for himself. It’s sad but true.

His words have you engaged and holding on in a magical way but his actions are in the reality of this situation.
I did go no contact. I didn't block him because he isn't bothering me now and my block feature only block calls, but not texts. I know. It sucks, because I'd rather block texts than calls, because he is more of a texter. However, I haven't spoken to him. I appreciate your insight, do you think in time he'll go to rehab? Or will it most likely be never? I am just really hoping he goes, but you are right. His actions speak louder, and he seems to be standing his ground on not going, and I am standing my ground. We are both being stubborn, but I am being stubborn in a good way. I tried so much with him and he quit cold turkey before many times, and had a psych doctor, yada yada yada, and he still relapsed. He needs rehab. Going to a psych ward for a week of detox is not enough. Hes never actualy been to a rehab, well actually one inpatient rehab. He only lasted 12 days and he signed himself out. I profusely told him to not do that, but supposedly he missed me too much. So, I feel at this point he needs intense 30 day inpatient then continued outpatient care, and therapy. It's really sad because he has so much potential. Thank you for the support and advice.