View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 01:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
stephengb

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
Would you all hate me if I told you that I haven't quit yet. All my friends and family think that I quit in July. It was one of those morning afters when you would say anything to get out of ****. But in reality, I want October 10th to be my day 1. So, I guess I'm jumping the gun by dumping everybody. But, what's done is done.
Making amends is an important step in recovery at AA and it is for you to clean the slate within yourself and free yourself of guilt and shame of past wrongs. Being truthful to yourself and others is for your own self respect and necessary to maintain recovery. Lying about things is part of the alcoholic behaviour.

No moralising no hating we have all been there. Get AF build your recovery find who you are what you feel before saying sorry. I am in AA and I don't totally agree with it all with respect to God stuff, but there are some valuable truths and advice about how we should behave and live.

I went to meetings every day in first 2 months, they really did help remove any desire I had to drink then. I now go once or twice a week and am following my version of the steps.

I would advise going to AA the day you stop and keeping going everyday until you are comfortable AF. Only once you have done AA step 4 consider apologies and amends.