Thread: Not only me
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DreamCatcher17

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Family is tough. Are you practicing AA yourself? What does your sponsor say?

This is just me, but I know when I am very upset about something, especially with respect to family, it is important for me to pause. Sort of the mental equivalent to stop, drop and roll Resentments are poison to me. And in early recovery (I actually don't know if you are in early recovery...heck you could have years....but I'm guessing not?) I need to watch my mood and reactions carefully.

Boundaries are also extremely important. If you set this boundary clearly with your Mom, then maintaining it and asking her to leave is not only survival but it is completely logical.

Whether or not you leave her literature? I guess that depends on motivation. I know that if my motivation is spite and resentment, the only person that hurts is me....and it generally helps no one. If my motivation is love and compassion, that generally works out pretty well. Maybe meditate on what you believe your motivation is. Third step prayer is a good one.

I sound so AA. I'm really not. Well maybe a little. But if I recommend a program to someone, I guess I'd better be walking the walk, ya know?
Thank you for sharing. I am new, 10 days today.
She is here for another 20 days, asking her to get a hotel room is hard, she cant afford it. I suppose, the nights she wants to drink I could ask her to leave, but then my life is being disrupted because Iw ould have to drive her.
I will be having a conversation with her tonight when I get home, if she isnt hiding in her room.