View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Originally Posted by leanabeana View Post
I'm extremely lucky to have so many options at my fingertips. I have different AA, LifeRing and Refuge Recovery meetings walking distance from where I work and live. I think that's why I'm having such a hard time committing to anything so it's a blessing and a curse I suppose. The lack of commitment and absence of sponsors/mentors in LifeRing appeals to me but I don't know if that's just my addict brain not wanting to commit to this long-term and be accountable.
If you think you have an 'addict brain' finding a methodology that focuses on learning how to live with that affliction and how it affects your thinking seems like the best fit.

If you think you have a brain with an addiction, making a commitment to yourself to never again ingest that substance would free yourself from the affliction.

Looking for support for such a decision can add comfort and bolster your resolve, but I doubt support can give you the resolve or provide the answer.

You seem to be looking for the latter, the former has to come first and from within. You can do it, Rootin for ya