Old 10-01-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Congrats on day 41 sober369 and getting through the steps. Are you finding it helpful working through them? I went to a few AA meetings about 10 years ago and did enjoy it but didnt continue with them.

Day 35 for me - just realised. I'm not being as obsessed with counting days as I was last time. I love counting as quite an organised obsessive person with lists and counting days etc but for some reason I'm not counting as obsessively this time. I don't know why tbh.

My son is home from seeing his father and his father has given him a decent amount of money which was a huge surprise. Makes up for the lack of child support over the last 18 months. The crazy thing is when we first separated 3 years ago he paid regular maintenance and after the initial shock and animosity of the split we got on quite well, civilly at least. This all deteriorated throughout this year to the point we don't even speak anymore. All contact and access arrangements are made between my ex h and new h who get on very well. Considering I left my ex h for my new h it sounds extremely weird and bizarre. Anyway ex h refuses to speak to me as we had words some months ago with me accusing him of lack of contact an lack of child support.

Anyway, tomorrow I was planning to text him to thank him for the money for our son and say he had a nice weekend with him and hopefully he will see him again soon. Do you think this is ok? I want to acknowledge and thank him for the money and be civil. Of course he will probably ignore me but I feel it is the right thing to do for may part.

Don't you find it's these sort of things that require thought and feelings and sorting out that can be quite difficult to deal with sober? At least I am clear headed and just telling myself all I can do is what I think is best. If I am honest with myself the row we had was when I was drunk and I left a very aggressive message on his phone.Whilst what I said was true I could have done it in a much better way for all concerned.