Old 10-01-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Caprice6

Originally Posted by Kachal View Post
Hi Septembers, hi Caprice - we're on the same day - can you believe it's been nearly a month? It's definitely become more of a habit now. I still think about drinking most days, but it's a duller more distant thought.

And wow! We've all graduated September together. Rounds of applause all round! Cheers! (with herbal teas of course)

It's Sunday afternoon here, an incredibly busy weekend at work, but in a good way.
I roasted a chicken the night before last and have left overs. Chicken pies tonight I think.

A question for all of you: What are your sober goals? I mean obviously to be sober, but what else do you want to do now you have extra time, money, and energy?
For me, I'd really like to save up and have some work done on my teeth. They're not *that* bad, but I've always been a bit ashamed of them, and terrified of how much dentists cost, and there was always feelings of inadequacy too, that someone like me didn't deserve to walk into a fancy dentist and get work done. Red wine has definitely taken a bit of a toll on their whiteness too. So that's my plan. I'd love to hear yours.
Morning Kachal, congrats on Day 27!

Too bad your employer doesn't cover medical costs. Dentists can be expensive but that is a great goal.
For me, apart from staying sober my goal is to work on my other issues mainly associated to diet and mood. I'm just not steady or stable and don't know if I'll ever be.
Financially, I want to save for flight and start up costs along with my pups to Mexico come January. Also quit smoking by the end of this month after i finish the cartons i bought. Yuck. But given i always eat out, my expenses are up there if not more so than when i drank because then i wouldn't eat as much or often.
Good luck to all and congrats on graduating in September! Hope we all stay on the wagon.