View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
davesnothere

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Hey dave, quickly, I have found the mobile site difficult to navigate. If you can scroll all the way down on your page and click on "desktop version" I think that might be easier for you.

I am really sorry to hear that you drank. It sounds like the garage is a danger zone for you, some changes need to be made there. Right now, this second, is probably not the right time, but maybe tomorrow you can work on making some changes to that space. What about a great make-over and turning that into a different space entirely. Take out the chairs, take out the things you use to make that a drinking space. Turn it into a work area or anything else you can think of and for the time being STOP going in there.

What other steps can you take to ensure you get on the path to sobriety? When you sober up it sounds like it is time to address this seriously and work on putting together a recovery plan.

I won't go into much more about that right now as you are drunk and I think the best this is S.O.S. themed messages of support. It is time to put down the alcohol. Now. Can you get up right now and dump what you have left? Go to bed with your wife. Tomorrow is a new day and can be your day one. Sobriety is tough at time, and very hard won, but it is so worth it and I can say from experience it is so much better than the misery and self-hate that drinking brings.

We are all totally here for you, happy to support you in any way but the first and most important step comes down to you- admitting you are powerless over alcohol and not taking that first drink. You buddy, only you can be the one to stop. You can do this. Dump it out and go to bed.
I know Mera